Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 84 Letter October 20, 2014

Hello Family!

Sorry I wasn’t able to write much last week.  Transfers got kind of crazy.  We were in the bus station basically all day along.  But everything finished well.  I am mostly glad that I get to work with Elder Peterson another transfer.  Also, Elder Castaneda is a district leader in my zone now.  It has been fun to work with him again.

This week it rained hard. We basically did not see the sun all week.  But with the rain came blessings as well. 

Our investigator, Morgan is a great example of faith.  We only began teaching him two Saturdays ago.  Since then, he has gone to all of the ward activities, Seminary, and Family Home Evening with the Bishop.  It is amazing to me how the Lord prepares people to receive the gospel.  He told us in one of our first visits, “I have been feeling something, I do not know what it is nor how to explain or describe it, but I have feel the need to join to this church.” Afterwards, we taught him the First Vision. The Spirit was really strong and we then asked how he felt.  He said, “I felt peace, and something I can’t quite describe.  It’s what I have been feeling.” The Spirit of the Lord prepared his heart to receive this message.

We also had some new investigators come to church on Sunday.  One of them is named Wilber and he really liked church.  He promised us that he will come next week and he is planning on bringing his son.  The other investigator who came is another referral from the Robles family.  Her name is Estefania and she just moved here from Oaxaca.  She seems pretty interested but she is really busy studying.  We will see how well she progresses.

Our English class has been going really well.  This Saturday was especially fun.  We taught them how to give directions. SO logically, we made a maze of chairs in the church, blindfolded one of them and made them direct each other through the maze in English.  It was a lot of fun.

Well, that’s all for this week. 


Elder Lightheart 

No comments:

Post a Comment