Thursday, October 10, 2013

Week 30 Letter October 7, 2013

Hello everybody!!

Hope everything is going well! I had a great week this week. I am so grateful that I was able to listen to Conference. I am excited to be able to share my experiences with you of all that I have learned.

First of all, as I have a new companion straight from the MTC. His name is Elder Galicia. He is from the state of Chalco Mexico. It has been fun getting to know him this week. He is really excited to go out and work as a missionary and I am excited to get to train him. He also really likes cleaning. We spent all of this morning getting the house sparkling clean. I think even my mom would be satisfied!

I have received a lot of blessings from this responsibility I have to train him and also in being a senior companion. It has really helped me to get an even better focus on the work. Also, more importantly to draw closer unto the Lord. I am excited for this time I will have as a trainer to make a difference in his and my mission.

General Conference was really great. I had the opportunity to watch the first three sessions in English with the other elders in my district. They came over here to Las Choapas to watch it with us. Then I watched the Sunday sessions in Spanish. I learned more when I was watching it in English but I also really enjoyed it in Spanish. One of my favorite things was that Richard G. Scott translated his talk into Spanish for us. It was awesome to hear his voice but speaking Spanish.

I also really felt the importance of having modern day revelators in these times. Probably the talk that made me think about it the most was Jeffery R. Holland. It is amazing to receive direct revelation for all those who are handicapped. I could not help but think about my Aunt Tara when he talked about the joy we will have together when we are in the heavens.

Thanks for all the support you give me and the letters I have received.

Until next week!
Elder Lightheart


No comments:

Post a Comment