Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Week 71 Letter July 21, 2014

Hello fam!

Another transfer gone by.  I said good-bye to Elder Struthers yesterday.  I imagine that right now he is on a plane somewhere over Texas. You will all be able to talk with him pretty soon actually.

Well, the best news is that I am staying in Mirador for another transfer.  Looks like I will be here at least until September.  I am really happy to stay here with these members.  I know that my new companion and I are going to have a lot of success.  My companion is going to be Elder Castañeda. My life is going to get a little more crazy though.  I am now going to be the Zone leader of 24 missionaries.  The two zones are going to be combined into one zone and we will be the zone leaders for both of them.

We also had a baptism this week!! On Thursday, we got a call from Sister Kathy.  She called us to tell us that Yumara wanted to get baptized on Saturday.  It was really awesome.  Her cousin, the first counselor, Juan Carlos, did the baptism and the confirmation.  It was really cool because we had a ward conference on Sunday and we were able to do the confirmation with it.  The ward is getting really excited about missionary work.

Arturo came to church again! He is progressing really well.  He really likes the church.  He shows a lot of faith. We haven’t gotten to the point of teaching him the Word of Wisdom, but because of what he has seen in his wife and kids, he has stopped drinking coffee and alcohol.  He feels like he doesn’t have enough knowledge but I know he will be ready for the baptismal date we have set with him for the 10th of August.

We also had a great lesson yesterday.  We went to visit Paolo again but this time we were able to teach all of his family – his wife and three kids. While we were with them, we were talking about the family and hoe they can become a family for the eternities.  The Spirit was really strong as we explained to them that as they follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ, they will be able to be together forever.  We put a baptismal date with all of them for the 30th of August.

Well, I’ve got to go. My new companion should get here soon!

Hasta Luego,
Elder Lightheart

No comments:

Post a Comment