Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 51 Letter March 3, 2014

Hey everyone!

Hope you all had a great week! I had a good time down here in Mexico. We were all over the place this week. Thats because Elder Valenzuela, a 70 of the Chuch came to visit the mission this week.

Tuesday and Wednesday we went to Minatitlan. And then Friday and Saturday we went to Villahermosa. We did not have too much time to work in our area, but sure learned a lot. I think what I liked the most was when he talked about the power of prayer. He shared with us 3 Nephi 19:19-24 which says:

And it came to pass that Jesus departed out of the midst ofthem, and went little way off from them and abowed himself to the earth, and he said:
 20 Father, thank thee that thou hast given the Holy Ghost untothese whom have achosenand it is because of their belief in methat have chosen them out of the world.
 21 Father, pray thee that thou wilt give the Holy Ghost unto allthem that shall believe in their words.
 22 Father, thou hast given them the Holy Ghost because theybelieve in ameand thou seest that they believe in me becausethou hearest them, and they pray unto me; and they pray unto mebecause am with them.
So if we believe in his words and pray unto him we will have the Holy Ghost with us. He then urged us to pray more. He told us that we should always be looking for opportunities to pray. To use this tool that the Lord has given us to communicate with our Father. As we use prayer with faith, I know that we can recieve the answer.
I also really felt the importance of having inspired leaders in the Church. I know that God guides and directs the leaders he has called. Each and every one of them has not only the ability but the right to recieve revelation from God to do the work in there organazations. As we work with and through these leaders, miracles do happen. 
Well We are going to have a baptism this week!! Elder Alvarez and I are going to do the baptism together! Ok well Technically I am going to be the only one but since the brother is in a Wheelchair Elder Alvarez will be there to help me out. I am excited for to see him baptized. We will also be baptizing Sugey!
Well thanks for all of your support and prayers!
Until Next Week
Elder Lightheart

No comments:

Post a Comment