Monday, December 23, 2013

Week 41 Letter December 23, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I hope that all of you are having a great Christmas so far! And colder than mine is. Yesterday it was about 80 degrees outside so it does not feel like Christmas so far!

It has been a crazy week so far! As I told you last week we had a transfer last week and so I am now in Reforma Chiapas with Elder Navarro. He was in Minatitlan so we are new here in Reforma. Basically we were lost all week. A different experience but it went pretty well actually. We had quite a bit of success considering.

Reforma is a great ward. The members are great so far.  The first day one of them came to pick us up. And then they made us hamburgers! I was not really expecting that but it made me excited to work here! The members were such a great help this week. Showing us around the town, giving us directions, showing us the investigators, giving us references. I feel that we will have a lot of success here!

My companion is great as well! Elder Navarro is from Tijuana. He is pretty crazy but we have been having a lot of fun together. And we do not really stop talking. I am excited to serve with him! We have had the Spirit with us a lot so far which has been great we had one lesson this week in which the Spirit came very strong. Everybody felt it. The Spirit really has so much power to touch the hearts of men.

One thing that has been different is our house is super small. We moved things around today which helped but there is not a lot of room to move around. We are renting a room in a non-members house. They are great people and have helped us out a lot! I hope that they will be baptized some day.

We were able to set a baptismal date this week! Her name is Maria. She is very ready to be baptized. Her baptism will be January 10th and I can’t wait!

Don’t forget to have a great Christmas!
Elder Lightheart
Hermano Manuel and Elder Lightheart

Elder Navarro and Elder Lightheart

No comments:

Post a Comment