Monday, December 24, 2012

Week 6 Letter 12/24/12

Merry Christmas Eve!

Another week past. Feels like just yesterday that I was writing home. Time has been flying by here. I can't believe that it is already Christmas Eve. I am so excited to open my presents! (Thanks family) I will send pictures home next week. Also some pictures from this week because sending pictures is not working on this computer. Oh well...

Anyway some good news! The district older than us got their visas! All four of them are going to Mexico this Thursday! That is really good news for Elder Love and I. Hopefully we will get our visas and be able to go to Mexico on time. Hopefully we will be getting our travel plans this week! Hopefully next week I will be able to say if I'm going or not I guess we will see. So hopefully we will have a better idea next week.

So our new district has been very fun. I have already made good friends with a lot of them. In fact Elder Deaver, Rudd, Love and I have taken on the name of the "Fearsome Foursome." We are basically dominant in four-square! It has been fun. The four of us played four-square all of this week and it was really fun. The Elder from the new district that I know the best is probably Elder Rudd. It is really awesome to have him in our zone. The crazy thing is that he is the cousin of one of my Dad's companions Elder Jonathan Rudd. Apparently who I got my name from. Very amazing to be friends with Elder Rudd.

Our whole zone has been having so much fun today! We actually made up a new game. It was really fun but kind of hard to explain. I will send a picture next week. It is so fun to be so close to all of these Elders. It is so different to spend all day with Young Men who have all devoted their lives to God and came on a mission. There is always such a good spirit here.

Our job as Portal Coordinators has been fun. Unfortunately, our first job as Portal coordinators was to pull up a video for a meeting on the TV. Of course the TV wasn't working. So we had to go to another room to take care of it. Kind of disappointing that I first job didn't go over very smoothly. The rest of the time has gone well at least. It is a fun job.

Elder Lowe came back this week! It is such a blessing to have him back! Luckily he is still in our district and will be leaving with us. Unfortunately he has been a bit sick this week but it is not Crone’s pain so he should still be leaving with us. Elder Ward also came in this week. He is staying in my residence hall! We have talked a couple times and he is really excited, a little overwhelmed but excited. It is great to have him here. I also got a picture with him but again I won't be able to send it till next week.

The best experience I had this week was with the Book of Mormon. I was reading in Preach my Gospel and I read a quote from President Hinckley that went like this:

 Those who have read [the Book of Mormon] prayerfully, be they rich or poor, learned or unlearned, have grown under its power. . . . Without reservation I promise you that if you will prayerfully read the Book of Mormon, regardless of how many times you previously have read it, there will come into your hearts . . . the Spirit of the Lord. There will come a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to his commandments, and there will come a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God"
After I read the quote I tried to try his promise myself. So that night in my prayer I asked for a further witness that the Book of Mormon was true. The next day I had a workshop all about the Book of Mormon. It was such a spiritual experience. From it I gained a further witness of its power. The spirit that our investigators can feel as they read the pages. I know that there is revelation in every page and almost down to every single word. It is such a wonderful book. The most true book in the world.

Merry Christmas everyone! Make sure to remember what the season is all about!

Les Quiero

Elder Lightheart

No comments:

Post a Comment