Monday, June 16, 2014

Week 66 Letter June 16, 2014

Hello Everyone!
Happy Father’s Day! Thanks Dad for all that you do and have done for me.  I am constantly using and applying the things that you have taught me.  They have been of great importance for me here in my mission.  I am very grateful for all that you have helped me with in my life.  Thanks, Dad!

Well, we had an extremely busy week this week.  For starters, we had several ward activities this week that we helped out in.  They were great activities.  We had a lot of investigators and members come.  It reminded me of some of the activities that we did at home.  The best part was having our investigators interact with the members.

We also went to Villahermosa for our leadership council this week.  It was a great meeting.  We were able to go to the temple the night before and I felt that I got a lot of my questions answered and we definitely left edified.  The council was great as well.  We both learned a lot about how to become a better leader in the mission.

Despite being busy most of the week, we were able to have some really good lessons.  We had a couple of lessons with Yumara and Jose.  They are really excited to learn more about the church.  They went to both of the activities this week and are progressing really well.

We also had Miriam’s husband, Arturo come to church on Sunday.  It was only the second time we had ever seen him.  We had a really good lesson with him about the Book of Mormon and we have an appointment to meet with him on Saturday.

We started a Preach My Gospel class with the members.  They are super excited about missionary work.  They all committed to talk with one of their friends this week about the gospel.

Thanks for all of your support and Happy father’s Day!

Elder Lightheart

No comments:

Post a Comment